Thread: OLB Play
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OLB Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Honestly, I'd like to see Jj Watt line up outside with Jamison taking his position inside on some plays.

Im not a huge fan of the olb's as individual pass rushers on this team. I like barwin the most out of all the rotational guys, but I think watt is the best pass rusher we have. I'd like to see him get some weakside pass rush attempts in definite passing situations. And even occasionally stand up at Olb every once in a while .
Watt is tied for 2nd place in the NFL in sacks and oddly enough has also been one of the top pass defenders in the league playing where he's currently at and being utilized like he has been.. in short, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Barwin led the team in sacks last season, have patience.. they'll come. A selfish part of me is enjoying the fact that Barwin isn't getting a bunch of sacks and we're still winning.. it'll make him that easier to re-sign, however I don't expect that to continue.. you can't keep a good guy down and Watt will now draw double teams. He did in the second half of the Jags game.. it was one of the few adjustments they made.. luckily for us, he was still beating them. The kid is special, he can be a all-time great as long as he stays healthy. This may be high praise, but the guy reminds me of Bob Lilly.. he's just bigger and stronger (country strong) than anyone else on the field. He's the best pick this team has ever made and with #80, that's high praise.

If you move J.J. to a OLB position you're losing upfront.. (Bruce Smith did just fine playing along the line under Wade in the 3-4) Jaminson isn't the game changer that Watt is and you're pulling either Barwin or Reed off the field, who are both better pass rushers than Jaminson.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-22-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote