Thread: OLB Play
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hey were you not one of the guys saying let a player do what he does best? Watt is a beast where he is. I say let Barwin and Reed do what they get paid to. lol I want to see Antonio Smith whack a Manning like this
I don't recall saying that, but I do believe that.

But I don't think that applies here. It's about maximizing the teams production.

Hopefully reed, barwin and merci prove me wrong though because I'd honestly let watt play outside at de some in passing situations.

Matter if fact I've already seen it once this year. Watt and smith were lined up on the same side. Watt at de and smith at one if the dt spots in a four man front for a passing situation. I think watt ended up stunting inside and batting a ball.

But anyways, I think watt would be even better if he got a few more pass rush attempts from the outside. The guy is very difficult to handle. Great burst of the line, great strength and then those long arms keep o linemen from controlling him. And the guys athleticism for his size is superb.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote