View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Derek Newton has tough test in Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Von Miller is the type of edge rusher that would've kicked Winston's ass on Sundays.. so I'm eager to see how Newton holds up against Denver. I also want to see more of the redneck rook Jones .
Yeah Ben Jones was pretty damn baller himself on the snaps he got to play. Really the entire right side has been great and that was something I think most of us were deeply worried about. Both of these players (Doom and Miller) are going to test the O-line if we get into must-pass situations. If the defense does it's job on Manning, then hopefully Doom and Miller will have to continuously guess whether we are running or passing and that should buy Schaub the extra half second he might need.

Here's the thing though, Denver doesn't have the big *******s in the middle like Miami does or Jacksonville did in 2011 (Don't have a clue why Knighton and Alualu look like crap this year). Derek Wolfe is a rookie (2nd rounder) DE, Kevin Vickerson has basically been a nobody, and Justin Bannan has bounced around from team to team. Ty Warren was there last year (I think) and he's on IR this year, DJ Williams, their MLB from last year who was pretty good against the run is currently suspended. The Steelers O-line is, and has been for a few years now, complete garbage and the Falcons have been middling in terms of rushing the ball. If I'm Kubiak I'm giving the ball to the RB's all they want all day long, and force Vickerson/Bannan/Wolfe/Woodyard/Mays be the guys who make the plays. Once they get beat up by the run start hitting them with play-action. If this Broncos defense is for real then those guys are going to have to play well above their current name recognition.

And that's the easy side of the ball for them match-up wise.