View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game over. What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
How would a win or a loss impact your vision of rest of season or would this game impact your vision at all?
If it's just a regular loss or win (1-2 scores), then it's not going to have any impact on my view of the season at all. Very rare for a team to go undefeated and you've got to expect to drop a few here and there. Especially to a good team when you're on the road. And if we win, I won't be surprised by a hard-fought game that's not the cakewalks we've had so far.

If we get crushed (20+ points), then I'll be pretty heart-broken. I'll still expect us to win our division and make the play-offs. But I'm going to expect to host a wild-card game instead of having a bye. I'm going to hope we can find a way to fix whatever weakness the loss uncovered so that it doesn't happen again and I'm going to be hoping that it's not our run defense that lets us down.

If we crush the Broncos (20+ points), then I'm going to hope this is more of an indication of how bad-ass we are and not an indication of how crappy Denver is and it's not going to color my expectations for this season very much. With our division, I expect us to be the first or second seed this season.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote