View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012   #66
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I have 2 other concerns regarding Khaled Holmes. He's got perfect size for C but at 305 lbs. he's light for an OG if your wanting him to do dual duty at OG and we already have Ben Jones as depth at C. I guess at 6'04" he's got the frame to add a few pounds without losing athleticism though. Also if your looking for someone to do dual duty on the O-line, which I completely agree with, I'd rather have someone that's OT/OG. I think Rick Wagner is plenty fast to play RT in the NFL, he's played some LT in college. Even if he did turn out to be to slow for RT he'd probably be a stud OG in our system with his athleticism, thus he could be starting RT or starting OG if needed. I also like Alvin Bailey, Dallas Thomas, Gabe Jackson, and Braden Hansen if your looking for a later round OG.

Does the 2013 draft seem to be pretty talent rich/deep to you? I don't like the depth at TE but other than that this seems like it's going to be a very good draft with good talent down into the 3rd-4th round.
I almost forgot to finish my thoughts on your post.
I see Wagner as more of a RG but same could be said for Winston and despite many fans wanting to move Eric inside, he remained a tackle for us and his new team. I think we should see a bit more of Harris as he has had some time to acclimate & can give Newton some breathing space.

2013 draft is deep in some positions (at our picks) such as O line, DT, QB and OLBs; not so deep at ILB, WRs, DBs and RBs. Fortunately as I evaluate Texans today and how my newest mock shows, we can improve depth at Nose and Oline (2 players minimum) in first two quality picks & still get good guys all thru draft if we are as wise as last draft.

My concerns are RT, RG, MLB and WR2. We have good fall backs in first two (if Harris is as expected) but not so good in last two. Most will argue with me but I think we are very weak behind Bradie James and worse if AJ goes out for many games. We have no WR to replace AJ although Martin and/or Jean could still step up. Martin was pretty good overall in preseason but doodley squat in first two regular games. That is why I take ILB in 5th and WR in 4th. I hope I can change my mock before draft day to select only BPA each round.