View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An Observation and Analysis of a Specific Potential Manning Weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
You nailed it, CnD...thinking back on the game i do remember him being weaker to his right...

Question: would his grip suffer from any of this?
This is what I posted on 8/25/11 when I found out that he had a C7 problem.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It has been reported that Manning had a compression of the C7 nerve root level. This nerve root controls the movement and the strength of the finger flexors, and the wrist flexors and the elbow extender. How do you throw a football if your hand can’t grip, your wrist can’t flex and your elbow can’t extend efficiently. You can compensate and throw a football with a bum biceps ala Favre. But you aren’t ever going to look much better than a Pop Warner QB, with a bum triceps.
Furthermore, there are also lesser important contributions in the innervation of the wrist extensors and the pronator muscle.........a muscle which allows palm up to palm down twisting (pronating) of the wrist, a motion you may want to use to direct the ball outwardly to the right.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote