View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I have 2 other concerns regarding Khaled Holmes. He's got perfect size for C but at 305 lbs. he's light for an OG if your wanting him to do dual duty at OG and we already have Ben Jones as depth at C. I guess at 6'04" he's got the frame to add a few pounds without losing athleticism though. Also if your looking for someone to do dual duty on the O-line, which I completely agree with, I'd rather have someone that's OT/OG. I think Rick Wagner is plenty fast to play RT in the NFL, he's played some LT in college. Even if he did turn out to be to slow for RT he'd probably be a stud OG in our system with his athleticism, thus he could be starting RT or starting OG if needed. I also like Alvin Bailey, Dallas Thomas, Gabe Jackson, and Braden Hansen if your looking for a later round OG.

Does the 2013 draft seem to be pretty talent rich/deep to you? I don't like the depth at TE but other than that this seems like it's going to be a very good draft with good talent down into the 3rd-4th round.
Ben Jones just played RG @ 303; Wade Smith has started LG for years at 307.

I have watched Wagner for two years and I see him with slow, difficult slide/shuffle to the right to pick up outside rusher. I would not scream and change my drawers if we draft him but not my preference. I did have Alvin Bailey in 3rd but was unable to watch him last week. I think Ben Jones could move to RG soon unless Caldwell (2013 FA) turns it up. Drafting OC/OG makes more sense to me as Newton will lock it in. I'm leaning towards Harris being back also.

More later. Still at work.