View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012   #85
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Direct answer: No.

All my reasons have been stated by others.

However... don't matter what I think about it if the guys in the locker room have embraced it. If it really, truly fires them up, then so be it.
Pretty much what I've resigned myself to, as well. If it gets the defense fired up, then whatever. Like mentioned upthread, if they win a Super Bowl, it will make the name relevant and we will all come to accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I hate everything about "Bulls on Parade". Damage Inc. nails it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Biggest reason why I don't like it. Screw Rage Against The Machine.

Like I've said for a while, the D should be called "Damage Inc."
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Much better song than Bulls on Parade! Old school Metallica kicks ass.
That's FOUR folks for Damage, Inc.!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yep, intimidating as can be.

or the even more intimidating animated version.
I think a name suggesting cannibalism and the savagery that's associated with eating human flesh is far more sinister than anything a parade has to offer. JMO

Plus, I don't think they glossed themselves. The immortal team names in the NFL were bestowed by either sports writers or NFL Films. But, different time, I guess.