View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012   #100
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans a run-first team, I think not!

I personally don't care how we win. If we win then we win. In 2002 the Texans were outgained 422-47, the fewest yards ever by a winning team in NFL history against Pittsburgh and won 24-6. Wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but I was still happy that day.

The MO from Kubiak is clear in my view. He loves to attack early and try to jump out on teams to get a lead. It's served us pretty well the last 18 games. If we're running for 150-200 yards in any game then I'd say there's a good chance we got out to an early lead. I liken it to a basketball team like Duke who will full court press early in games to get out to a big league, and then start to sit back in a half court defense in the 2nd half half. But Duke has it in them to keep the pressure up all game just like we have that capability. These next 5 games will show that. Most of these games are going to be close and Schaub will be a much bigger factor.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote