View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012   #74
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who aren't familiar with the Rage song, the name suggests pageantry, which is only a little less intimidating than an appletini.

Those that are familiar with the song know that Rage are devout Marxists who highly dislike American culture, but they don't care because Rage rocks.

Personally, I think the name is silly because so many fans are older and fit into group A, and the fact that group B is either dismissive or ignorant of the meaning of the song is both ironic and a little embarrassing. Football is a primary staple of mainstream American culture, which Rage believes is a propaganda tool of an evil capitalist system. The song Bullet in the Head comes to mind. Or look inside the sleeve of the Evil Empire album, and see the book with a football player on the front, which is about how atheletics perpetuates male chauvenism or some nonsense.

I do agree that Rage rocks (their tape cassette hardly ever left my player in high school), but their music is a bad fit for representing the Texans. And plus I hate Cadillac Marxists.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote