View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
To me a nickname should sound fierce and intimidating.

The Steel Curtain.
The House of Pain.
The Purple People Eaters.
Monsters of the Midway.
The Fearsome Foursome.
The Doomsday Defense.

These teams played hard nosed defense and were utilized intimidating nicknames.

Bulls on Parade is not intimidating. I understand what it means, but it still comes across as passive. The Bulls are walking down the street. There is no raw aggression that comes to me when I think of that nickname.

Thus, I don't care for it.
Exactly how I feel except I would have to change "I don't care for it" to "I hate the pansy-like connotation."

The question I would have to ask is when you think of "Bulls on Parade," do you picture

[Thanks to Rey for previously posting this pic]

or

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote