View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012   #61
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I don't really understand the hatred and animosity towards Vince Young here. If he was ripped off by this guy, that is a tragedy and not something that anyone should want to celebrate.

Where does this kind of an attitude come from I wonder? Maybe envy, if we get right to the heart of the matter? Maybe just a perverse group thrill that some people seem to get from kicking a guy when he is down?

I understand that Vince Young did not live up to the hype that surrounded him and that the money he was paid appeared to exceed his productivity on the field. But truth be told, his contract was a function of where he was picked in the draft. The Titans picked him #3 in the 2006 draft by choice. Nobody made them do it. In fact, nobody was forced to have Vince Young on their team at all. The contract that Vince Young was paid under had two signatures on it, not just one.

This is a sad story that I hope is not yet over. To the extent that Vince squandered his wealth, that is a cautionary tale that seems to be told far too often regarding former athletes. To the extent that Vince was ripped off, I hope he gets his money back and the criminals who robbed him are put in prison for a long time.

If someone stole from him he should get his money back however there is no telling if that money exist anymore. Im not sure the default should be the assumption that he was stolen from though. There has been indications that he wasted money on his own and that alone could have put him where he is today
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote