View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defensive Ranking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
We're also #1 in "bendability", which is yards allowed divided by points allowed. A higher number is desirable.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2012/3/BEND/

Having a good special teams and offense affects this stat, but it's a strong indicator of an effective defense.

We are also #1 in Defensive Real Passing Yards per Attempt. Which basically factors in all dropbacks, so sacks are taken into account.

We're #2 in Defensive Real Quarterback Rating, which is an adjusted version of QBRating that factors in rushing attempts, sacks and fumbles by QBs, as well as everything else normally associated with QBRating.

We're #2 in Defensive Hog Index, a metric that attempts to measure the effectiveness of defensive fronts, and factors in various things like 3rd down conversion %, yards per pass attempt, yards per rush attempt, and percentage of pass plays that result in negative yards.

It's only week 2, but this is all very encouraging. I'll be keeping an eye on these stats as the season progresses.
Our ST is 30th in DVOA, FWIW.