View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012   #84
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans a run-first team, I think not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
Forget ESPN. Just look at the play by play.

26 runs/(26 runs + 37 pass plays including sacks) = 41.3% of the 49ers plays in the 1st half have been runs

Texans in 1st halves this season have had 41.8% running plays.

Just a reminder that YOU brought up the 49ers' run/pass ratio in 1st halves, not me.
I'm looking at the raw numbers. It's subjective by looking at those 4 missing plays that you're including in your passing numbers because who's to say they weren't designed QB draws? I'm taking all of that out of the equation and simply including Attempts. Both teams have 2 first half sacks so eliminate that as well and it's a much easier comparison with no judgment involved. And you still have provided no link as to where you're pulling this from.

Even with your flawed subjective stats you see where the Texans pass the ball more in the first half clearly. Far cry from a run heavy "ground and pound" team.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote