View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012   #79
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans a run-first team, I think not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The numbers are skewed at this point in the season. We have two blow out wins and accordingly have the most rushes in the NFL by a pretty big margin.

IMO, by today's NFL standards we are considered a running team. In a vacuum I'd say we are balanced leaning a little more towards the pass, but we don't live in a vacuum.

If we had this same ratio of run to pass 40 years ago we'd definitely be considered a passing team. But in a league where you have so many teams throwing so often, we are one of the teams in the NFL that stays committed to the run.
This was my point to him that carried on from the Power Rankings thread. I'm showing him exactly why our overall numbers this year don't reflect how balanced we really are. Schaub has 5 pass attempts in the 4th qtr this year. He'll probably equal or exceed that on Sunday. The numbers are going to be skewed when you're playing with leads and have 2 good backs. There is no reason to pass the ball all the time as opposed to a team like Green Bay that doesn't have a consistent running game.

My point to him was all of the numbers last year were a reflection of a lot of things. Not taking all of those things into account is foolish to me. To me they are numbers that fantasy geeks will point to and say "look, we ran the ball a lot". But are you really understanding why we did? I know you do, but not everyone does.

Last edited by Texn4life; 09-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote