View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012   #31
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, like I said above, SIX. The Wunderlic probably isn't an indicator of much of anything when it comes to playing football, but it's probably a warning sign that he was not going to make smart decisions about complex things like finances. It sounds like a few people caught on to that fact and took advantage of it. Since VY probably never surrounded himself with paragons of integrity, no one caught on to it and protected him.

As far as him hiring those people, so did the dupes who got taken by Madoff, et al. They were sold a slick sales pitch and they bought in. Ponzi schemes and other elaborate cons don't typically go after the best and brightest society has to offer. They go after SIX.

I feel a little bad for the guy, but the same sense of justice that makes me feel a little bad for the guy also was annoyed that he got $26M in the first place, so it all washes out. The VY fanboys that made me dislike the mntion of VY over the years maybe tip the scales a little toward negativity toward VY. But hey, I'm sure he's a great guy, and now he has a chance to put that UT diploma to work and go get a cushy job somewhere making six figures like the rest of Americans, right?

OK, that was mean. I apologize.

Im not sure why you would be annoyed that he got paid 26MM. What other people get paid doesnt mean much to me and even more so when its totally unrelated to what I do
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote