View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012   #32
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 power rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaIFyaHEMI View Post
When your quarterback can actually get first downs, and threatens the defense down field, your rushing game improves.

Texans Rushing W/ Schaub (1st 10 games) - 158.1 YPG
Texans Rushing W/ Yates (Last 6 games) - 144.5 YPG

Don't forget, some of those numbers Schaub did that without a healthy Arian and Andre to stretch the defense.
That goes back to the actual games as well and I'm talking more about balance than total numbers. Schaub converts more third downs, hence more plays, hence more rushes. Keep in mind we played in about 4 blowouts while Schaub was healthy and then played the game against the Steelers almost scared to throw the ball after AJ got hurt. Most teams are going to run the ball a lot in those situations so the YPG and rushes are going to be up. Just look at the Cleveland and Tampa games last year. We barely put the ball in the air in the second half of those games.

Like I said in my first post a better stat is the ratio in the first half. I'm on my phone and can't check, but 76 had a post in another thread showing just how balanced we were.
There were times when we were almost even and some time when we were more pass heavy.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote