View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why the Texans were unable to go deep on Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
you also dont show your hand if you dont have to. kubiak is a very long term thinker, sometimes a positive and sometimes to his detriment. i believe that he wanted to iron a few things out, and give future opponents nothing to work with. with the game in the bag shortly after his script ended, kubes went into practice mode - working on the team and getting ready for next week. heck that might have been his plan from the beginning with the onslaught of screens and play action - backing the jags up into coverage so we could just grind this one out.
I've had a similar feeling about Wade and the defense this year.
I'm convinced he has called mainly base defense in the first two games because he knows he doesn't need to do anything exotic to win. I don't think we've blitzed at nearly the same rate as last year.
I fully expect to see him to show some new wrinkles this week vs Peyton.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote