View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012   #74
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's a great reason to trade him or sign him and trade Arian next year. We're probably not going to be able to keep both guys long term (although that would be great) and the last thing we want is for one of these guys to end up in our division.

So trade one of them to the NFC so we only have to see him once every 4 years.
I have to look at what I know about each player versus costs. If Foster remains health and starts, Tate will not become a Foster. He will have to go elsewhere to get his bucks. Only possibility is if Foster agrees to rework his deal & Texans use cash to sign Tate.

I just don't see keeping Tate in 2014 at a larger cost than it would to develop a draft pick or a Grimes type. I'd prefer a high draft pick for Tate & keep costs down.