Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Jesse Williams, I have no problem with this pick and the priority. I like Jesse, Sylvester Williams, and Kawaan Short. Good pick.
2. Holmes, I like the player but just don't think he'll be available. I think he goes late 1st or early 2nd, not available at #28.
3. Hyde, I like him as well and think he'd be good depth at CB after a year of learning. I'd want to try him out at CB 1st and if it doesn't work out then I'd have no problem moving him to Safety.
3b. Jordan, I don't know anything about this guy and just don't see the need. I think Barwin stays.
4. Davis, I like the size and speed but don't know anything about the player.
5. Stoneburner, I had him in an early mock but I'm just not that impressed, and the TE class as a whole is lacking.
5b. Klein, good pick and priority of the position.
6. Foltz, good pick, I think he'd be great depth and possible starter in a couple years.
7. Waddle, Wow you really dropped the OT priority. We'll know more in 2 months if Newton is the permanent RT.
I like the heavy on O-line emphasis. We're going to lose 2 maybe 3 O-linemen over the next 2 yrs. (Caldwell, W. Smith, and possibly Newton) and we need to upgrade our depth because the depth we have now will be starters next year. Also with the major investment we made in Schaub we need to keep him healthy.
Thanks for feedback. Just some thoughts: I think Khalid Jones gets caught up in the Alabama hype during the draft and goes unnoticed if that is correct word. I think in second round there will be some panic in teams above us who will over reach to get a player that should go in third but will be selected in second. Examples: QB Zach Dysert, CB Justin Gilbert, OT Ricky Wagner, and if he can stay on the team RB Christine Michael.
Hopefully, Holmes will slip out of minds and fall to us.