View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Houston Texans = 2011 Alabama Crimson Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAg View Post
Hear me out.

I can't help but think of the 2011 Alabama squad while watching the Texans.

Schaub=McCarron
A game-managing QB who doesn't have to do much for the team to be successful, as long as he limits turnovers.

Foster/Tate=Richardson/Lacy
We have a stable of RB's that the offense leans heavily on. Because of the sound running game, the QB just has to be a game-manager.

Both offensive lines are arguably the best in the country.

Andre Johnson=Marquis Maze
Clearly the No. 1 receiver and the QB knows he can rely on him. He doesn't necessarily have to put up big numbers to make an impact. Draws attention to create room for other receivers.

Defense has studs all over the place. Anchored by a monster DL and fantastic linebackers, they put constant pressure on the opposing QB, making the DB's jobs easier.

Jonathan Joseph=Dre Kirkpatrick
Both are ball-hawks that lockdown receivers and play very physical. Both considered to be one of the best in the country at the position.

So there you have it. Reasons why I see the 2011 National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide when I watch my 2012 Suberbowl Champion Houston Texans.
LOL yo might have done better if you had said the two teams were similar rather thn equaling each other. I took it you were comparing and TBH I have thought the same recently. A coaching staff that has built a program where it has a strong team every year (Texans should be there now); a good Qb if not Heisman or HOF; an Oline that folks talk about (Texans had this until Briesel & Eric left, but could continue with their replacements). Maze may never be an Andre Johnson but he could. I read your thread that like Houston, Alabama has WR that is clutch.

DavisAG, welcome to the board & don't sweat the heat. Most of the posters giving you grief have had stupid posts at one time or another or simply ones than most others disagree with. They just hope the spotlight has dimmed. You should pull up the thread I started a few years ago about trading Andre Johnson as it looked like we were going nowhere.

My posts are like that famous box of chocolates that Mr. Gump spoke of. Some are pretty tasty, others are gooeey & others nutty. Some make you want to spit.

Steve