View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wonder if his weaknesses will be masked somewhat in Baltimore where they dont run a very complex offense. They pound the rock and their recievers run a lot of simple verticle routes. Much different than his situation here where the route combinations are designed to make the defense react and one guy not doing his job .... screws up the whole thing.

He may get more quality opportunities just running a simple fly pattern .... which even JJ should be able to handle.

Maybe this system and situation was wrong for him ...
Two things come to mind for me..

I think that the Ratbirds will only play him in a small % of their overall offensive snaps and his role is probably narrowly defined so he doesn't have to do any hard core ciferin' on gameday...so I agree with you there.

Many players play better when they are released or traded. They start to realize that all this NFL stuff is just temporary and it all depends on how much someone wants you. Obviously the Texans told him they don't want him anymore and I think that probably helps him grow up a bit more and this will lead him to be more productive since he can see the other side with more clarity after his Texans departure. (assuming he grows up a bit of course).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote