View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012   #38
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Right Guard: It's On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Wasn't Caldwell a Center at Alabama? I think most thought the writing was on the wall for Myers when we drafted AC in the third.
Same here. He played multiple spots in Alabama as they needed, I believe there was a time he even started at tackle.

I thought for sure that Myers was going to get replaced because there was a time where he was getting blown into the backfield ona regular basis. I don't know if it has a bee na product of figuring out how to play at a heavier weight or getting better guard play, I suspect it's been a combo of both. Either way he's locked the C position down for some time here.

I know I liked the Jones pick from the get go and maybe with the frey going on at RG Benton and co decided to go ahead and try and see what he can do as being drafted as a combo C/G.

If he can solidify the spot as the season rolls forward it wouldn't surprise me that Caldwell is moved to backup center which is probably his more natural position anyway.

Brooks is raw and could really use this year to figure out his best playing weight in the NFL and get better technique.

My other bigger looming question is when does Wade's contract go up? This season or next?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote