View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012   #35
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Right Guard: It's On

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Jones played every third series.

Both had a solid games with a few hick-ups each.

For a guy that played his first game, Ben did really well.

When we drafted him, I said that I saw him as a better prospect coming out of college than Caldwell.

BJ has quicker feet and better lateral agility than Caldwell.
Caldwell is probably the stronger guy, but BJ plays more consistently in his pad level.

Jones is a perfect fit with the ZBS, whether at C or at G.

When Myers was with the Broncos, he first started at LG with Tom Nalen at Center.
When Nalen went down, Myers moved to C, and another guy took his place (I think it was Kuper - who quickly became a good ZBS lineman as well).

I see Brooks as a bigger and stronger Caldwell, but he needs to keep his weigh in check and learn to improve his techniques in the ZBS.

I was never worried about the right side of the line.

The extra O-lineman we sometimes bring in was Harris (even in the Dolphins game.)
He's a pro that suits well in that extra OT slot in our jumbo package.

(We used Butler together with D.Brown and Winston before in this package).
Even if Jones is athletic enough to play as an interior lineman in a ZBS, frankly his conditioning looks poor to me. Perhaps they can shape him up in the upcoming off season with a better diet (no more c.roaches for you big boy) and a weight program ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote