View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012   #79
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 2264 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This is how a rational person could predict it...

First, ask yourself sanely, just who have we beat?
Answer: We beat two, how to say this nicely... ...I can't... we beat two chump azz teams by twenty apiece. Think back to after the Miami twenty-point beatdown; there was lots of anquish in H-Town because some folks thought the point diff should have been 30, 35, or 40... and maybe it should have seeing as how we were sleep-walking for most of the first half.

Now, ask yourself, who has Denver played?
The Steelers.
That's right, Denver/Peyton hung a 30-burger on the famed Steelers D last week. Those same Steelers who should have been still really pissed at the Broncos for knocking them out of the playoffs last year!
It's a new season, and the 'famed' Steelers defense is a bunch of past memories. It amazes me how much stock people put into past history both in college and pro football. Take Notre Dame for example, they are now in the top 15 in the poll purely because of reputation from players that have long since left, I view the Steelers as the same. The "steel curtain" all retired by the early 80s.

Quote:
And then there's that damned no-huddle offense. Have WE faced a no-huddle offense?? Anyone know if Wade has a counter for the no-huddle?? I don't. I know this: Wade's pass rush depends on the front seven rotation keeping guys fresh. Can't rotate if the no-huddle doesn't give you time to sub guys in. Scares me crapless.

Denver's win was a quality win against a quality team. Our two were pretty good wins but against chump teams. And we're in THEIR house.

I hope Kubiak pulls out the "Aww shucks, kids... I sure would be proud if'n you boys could get me a win here in my old stadium" schick.
I know I would.

Too close to call for me folks.
A few hours later MannINT doesn't look so hot. He's a great player but he is beatable. I still think it will be a challenging game this Sunday since it's a road game in a tough environment, but I think Denver is overhyped until they prove it over the long haul.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote