View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [NFL.com] Houston Texans have yet to be tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He actually had another rush early in the third that went for three yards and wasn't called back for penalty. Not sure why you mention the plays with penalties. They aren't relevant IMO. I'm talking about plays that actually count. So really he had 2 carries for 16 yards in the 2nd half...

So how is that figuring him out?

He didn't get many carries in the second half, and when they were riding him in the first he was picking up yardage in chunks on the ground. And like I mentioned he also did well receiving.

Why don't you want to give Bush his credit? When he was actually involved in their game plan he was doing very well. Heck, even if we count the (2?) negative runs he had, what does that mean? Does that negate all the good he did for them?
Sorry, missed that 3 yard run when I was looking at the play-by-plays.

I counted the -2 yard runs because we stuffed him on those plays. By that point, when we were expecting him to run, we were able to stop him. His o-line was having to hold us to try to stop us and even then, we were getting through and stuffing him.

And it's not that I don't want to give Bush credit. He played very well. Much better than I expected him to, but I think our defense isn't as porous against the run as some people (not saying you necessarily) would like to paint it.

After seeing Bush play against us, I'm totally expecting him to have a very good year this year provided he can stay healthy. I think this Dolphins team is going to surprise some people (like they surprised the Raiders.)

But also, and I don't intend this as a knock on our defense, but our offense contributes as much to our defense's great play as the defense does. Our offense is choking people out so far with the time of possession and that limits the other teams' opportunities to gain yards.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote