View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012   #34
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [NFL.com] Houston Texans have yet to be tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I agree with your post, but to be fair (before we give Bush all the credit) it seems the Dolphins did a great job scheming as well.

Antonio's take on containing Bush:
(on the Texans performance) "First half it seemed like we were getting our feet wet. Trying to get into the flow of a real game and then the game plan cause nobody game plans each other in the preseason and they had a couple of good runs. One good run play actually that they kept running til we has to figure out what they had going, but overall I think we played a real good game."

(on RB Reggie Bush having success running) "They did a thing where they open the splits up between the center and the guard to give Reggie more space to fake like he's going outside but cut it back up inside so by the time we honed in and figure it out. There weren't that many more running yards after that."

If you believe him, I would think that we would have performed better in the second half, even if the turnover parade never happened and they weren't forced to abandon the run.
Well, If I remember the play by play correctly he had two rushes for 16 yards in the 2nd half; so much like finding how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop, I guess the world will never know.

But I'm not giving all the credit to Bush. I'm not giving credit to anyone. I'm just stating what happened and Reggie Bush was having a really good game against us.

Last edited by Rey; 09-17-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote