View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012   #32
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [NFL.com] Houston Texans have yet to be tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
It's not. Reggie was the best thing they had going that day. He was averaging 5 ypc and he was their second leading receiver with 6 catches for 48 yards.

Listen, folks can have revisionist history about how that game went all they want, but until the Dolphins had those turnovers in the second quarter before halftime, I'm not going to lie, I was f'n nervous.

Reggie Bush made a bunch of plays for them. We really didn't have much of an answer for him. When we got up by all those points we pretty much made their running game obsolete, but when they were actually committed to running the ball they were doing it with relative ease.

That play where he caught the ball on third down in front of Cushing and just left him and ran for the first down was a great play by him. That doesn't happen to Cushing often.

And that's not a knock on the Texans...I just think the Dlolphins are better than people originally thought.
I agree with your post, but to be fair (before we give Bush all the credit) it seems the Dolphins did a great job scheming as well.

Antonio's take on containing Bush:
(on the Texans performance) "First half it seemed like we were getting our feet wet. Trying to get into the flow of a real game and then the game plan cause nobody game plans each other in the preseason and they had a couple of good runs. One good run play actually that they kept running til we has to figure out what they had going, but overall I think we played a real good game."

(on RB Reggie Bush having success running) "They did a thing where they open the splits up between the center and the guard to give Reggie more space to fake like he's going outside but cut it back up inside so by the time we honed in and figure it out. There weren't that many more running yards after that."

If you believe him, I would think that we would have performed better in the second half, even if the turnover parade never happened and they weren't forced to abandon the run.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote