View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012   #67
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You have selective memory. When we didn't have a horse like Mike Rozier to pound the ball we were in trouble in 3rd and short and goal line situations.

...but for the sake of discussion, let's say you're right and RBs are easily replaceable in this system (I don't believe that myself; I think it takes a special kind of back with remarkable vision to excell in this system), who would give us anything more than a 4th for a 2nd string, "system RB"? So why wouldn't Tate stay here with a playoff caliber team rather than try to get paid in what's become a pass happy league that values RBs less and less as the seasons progress??

I think Tate stays here.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...used-on-season

I think if you've read this article, you love the fact that Tate is on this team, but should have zero expectation that he's going to settle for getting paid less than top 10 RB money when his contract is up. Enjoy this guy while he's here, but don't rush out and buy a 44 jersey just yet. I can think of a number of teams that would love to get him under contract. I just hope it's not Indy!