View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012   #64
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 questions: Ben Tate edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
How important is Ben Tate to this team? Very Important! Foster comes out and defenses still have to respect the run. He's a gamer!

Can the Texans keep him long term? Can they? Yes. Will they? doubtful. His price tag should make him a casualty. Too bad. I like him. Follow him on Facebook. He's very interactive with the fan base.

Would you try to keep him long term? As much as I like him, I would not. Too much already invested in Foster. And I believe I could stress Too much, but that's not the focus of this thread.

Is there any chance Ben Tate is with the team past next year? Past the 2013 season, I can't see it, unless, heaven forbid, the dynamics of the backfield were to change unexpectedly. Foster is locked up.

What would you expect in return from a trade involving Tate?
I went with a 3rd. But I honestly wouldn't settle for less than a 2nd. At his salary, he has too much value to trade away... A bird in hand
Texans are fortunate. Tate would be a likely starter on 20+ other teams in the NFL

Last edited by Trail.Blazr; 09-17-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: formatting
Trail.Blazr is offline   Reply With Quote