View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Right Guard: It's On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I saw a couple plays where they put in an extra lineman .... which was Jones , Also saw at least 1 series that Jones was at RG. He looks solid , much better than Caldwell IMO.

I'd say he would take that spot from Caldwell sooner than later .... but then who's the backup at C ??
Jones.

We've had seasons where our backup at C was one of our Gs. We've had seasons were our backup at C was also our backup at G.

I think Jones is a better, scrappier, meaner player. I need to go back and watch the game and concentrate more on the guard play but from what I saw, he was our best guard. Better than Wade Smith.

At this point, I'm feeling OK about the right side of our line. Now the position that's worrying me is the LG.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote