View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
That's about the way I feel about it. It's cool that we've got a guy who can take it to the house on any given return. I just don't think the potential reward is equal to the potential risk.

The dude's judgment is seriously questionable. In the first two games this season I've seen him take at least a couple of kickoffs out of the end zone from the very back of the end zone. Last week he brought one out to the 10 yard line and I screamed that he should be waived immediately. Today he brought one back to the 21, but he just barely escaped a tackle at the 10 in the process. It was a thirty yard return that netted just barely more than what would have been gained by taking a knee in the end zone.

This is Jacoby Jones crap all over again. Perhaps I worry too much, but I'm happy to see the overwhelming sentiment in this thread is with me.
This. I'm not dogging Holliday at this point, but dude needs to learn how to kneel when he's catching a kickoff in the back of the endzone. Running 30 yards just to make it to the 20 is just stupid football. Sometimes the safe play is the SMART play.