Originally Posted by Wolf6151
Ok SB made me do it. No explanations though, it's 4am and I'm tired.
1. Kawaan Short-DT
2. Rick Wagner-OT
3. Micah Hyde-CB
3b. Quinton Patton-WR
4. Gabe Jackson-OG
5. Jonathan Bostic-ILB
5b. Blaze Foltz-OG
6. Rashard Hall-FS
7. Devin Street-WR
Ok, some short explanations now.
1. Short, great size and quickness for what Wade looks for in a 1 gap NT and should work well in rotation with Mitchell and lessen the need for an ILB. I originally wanted a WR in the 1st but I think the value is better at DT, several good ones to choose from at the end of the round.
2. Wagner, great size, great O-line school, needs to add a little quickness but a potential stud at RT. Competes for the starting position with Newton right away.
3. Hyde, great size and good speed. We'll probably lose McCain to FA so we'll need some new depth. He's better at zone than man coverage but should get a year as depth to learn and get better.
3b. Patton, I like this guy he's got decent size and quickness, not afraid to go over the middle, and plays with some power also catches with his hands, not his body. Like Hyde should get a year to improve as depth on the roster. Good college productivity and has been moving up the boards.
4. Jackson, this might take a little luck. He's got really good potential and may stay in school another year. Very good OG in the toughest conference around. Replaces W. Smith in 2014.
5. Bostic, another guy with good size for the position and good college productivity. I originally had Taylor here but he could move much higher if he proves his injured foot is better. With a better NT the need at ILB is lessened and it's only a 2 down position.
5b. Foltz, added depth at OG with great strength and several years of starting experience on a good TCU O-line.
6. Hall, inconsistent player but hopefully some new coaching and teammates can bring the best out in him. Added competition at Safety. Still can't believe we kept Keo. I originally wanted Prentiss Waggner here but he's probably going several rounds higher.
7. Street, great size and decent productivity. A new offensive scheme should help him and he'll be added depth/competition at a position of weakness for us.
I also sign Taimi Tutogi-FB and possibly Zach Boren-FB as UDFA if they don't get drafted.