View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which players will you focus on VS Jags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Back-side of the run play on the O-line. Only cut-back I saw last week was not really a cut-"back," it was a cut-"straight-up-the-middle" on Foster's 14 yd. TD. What I'm referring to is the new rule regarding cut-blocks, because I think it's hurting our running game. I don't even remember any cut-backs to the left on running plays called to the right, which really tells me something. If Duane Brown isn't putting guys on the ground, then nobody is going to without breaking the new rule and I think it's a ZB scheme killer.

PS-cheerleaders. I like to focus on that.
please elaborate on new rules. This is definition: http://static.nfl.com/static/content...er_Conduct.pdf

AND:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...op-block-rule/

Hereís the official rule, which a league source has forwarded to PFT: ďOn a running play, A1, an offensive lineman, chops a defensive player after the defensive player has been engaged by A2 (high or low), and the initial alignment of A2 is more than one position away from A1. The rule applies only when the block occurs at a time when the flow of the play is clearly away from A1.Ē

And so, if the center hits a guy high and a tackle hits him low, itís a penalty. When itís a center and one of the two guards, the chop block is not illegal