View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

OK I have held off for 5 pages and will give my 2 cents - it is almost a useless question. It is undefinable. It is subject to way to many variables - it could be your TE hit in between the numbers in the endzone in the SB, it could be a misthrown ball which the WR miraculously catches on the side of his helmet in the SB, it could be your safety making exactly the play he is taught on a hail mary and it falls into someone's hands, it could be your D giving up an 80+ yard drive in under 50 seconds, etc. None of that reflects on the QB.

I know one thing. I watched Schaub orchestrate 5 straight scoring drives with one being 99 yards and the next 94 yards against one of the toughest defenses of the last decade. That kind of prolonged effort is clutch enough for me.