View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129047 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
When I think of what "clutch" really means to me for a QB, I only think of three QBs in the league right now (Brady, Manning, Brees)....and probably about 3 other young ones who will or might be some day. That leaves 29 teams without a currently "clutch" QB. I don't know if we should've waited to extend Schaub's contract or if we should've looked harder at Manning, but I do know that most NFL fans are going to have to live without a "clutch" QB and Schaub, if he stays healthy, can win a SB or two with good players around him, which we do have.
Big Ben has been clutch a number of times. He has had like 21 last minute drives to win games or something like that. That is the definition of clutch and there really is no argument to suggest that he isn't with a stat like that. Aaron Rodgers is damn clutch as well and has proven that a number of times. Eli Manning has definitely proven that he is a clutch type of player.

I'd put the 3 you mentioned and those other two. There are about 5. Matt Ryan has had some nice clutch performances as well though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote