Thread: Connor Barwin?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012   #59
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I agree in as much as Barwin's number needs to be in line for what he is, his production, vs his "potential" we don't need to overpay him, just because we know someone will as a FA.

Like I said earlier, he's really a SOLB in a 3-4, playing the pass rusher (3-4) position at WOLB. & that should be taken into account. I may be wrong about who he is & I'm fine with that. If he proves me wrong & put up premier pass rushing numbers..... 15+ then pay him, tag him. But if he can't get 15 sacks in Wade's system, let someone else pay him.

However, I don't want to draft another 1st round pass rusher. We can't keep doing that & continue to build a solid well balanced team.

Ω
I'm ok with drafting OLBs fairly high as we are lowering the age but keeping experience. Barwin gets increased sacks under Wade's system just like Reed and Merci will. 2013 Reed will be in 3rd year & Mercilus second at 26 and 23. Reed has 3 years left topping out in 2014 at $1m and WHitney three more with cap hit of slightly over $2m each. Let Barwin go (unless cost is right) and draft another OLB (mine in 3rd) & you have two vets that basically have to just turn it lose after the QB and a rookie breaking in. I think that is a seasoned well balanced team. OLBs don't take years to develop like QBs, LT or CBs.