View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

I don't think there's a QB out there that hasn't blown an opportunity to win a game in the 4th quarter for their team. I've seen Brady screw up. I've seen Manning blow it. I've seen Brees and Rodgers not get it done as well.

I've seen Schaub do everything that a clutch QB needs to do. I've seen him lead game winning drives. I've seen him score with under 2 minutes left to take a lead. Sometimes we've won those games and sometimes we haven't. Remember the Jets game where we took the lead with 45 seconds and then our defense screwed us or the Jaguar game where we took the lead at the end of the 4th and couldn't keep Garrard out of the end zone or the OTHER game against the Jaguars where Glover Quin knocked the hail mary pass right into the Jaguar's hands. I can't blame Schaub for those losses.

And I've seen Schaub push too hard and throw interceptions or just not get the first downs we need.

I said this a long time ago about Elway... I just want a QB that wins. I would prefer that he not have to do it in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter because if he's having to do that, it means he didn't play well enough the rest of the game. I'd prefer that we jump out to a lead every game and never let it go rather than having to pull one out at the end. But if we have to pull one out at the end, by all means have the defense to seal the deal.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote