View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012   #67
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Pretty harsh Buffalo News article for this early in the season:

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...120919626/1004
Quote:
Jerry Sullivan: Super Mario gets a reality check

But evidently, Williams didn't have the necessary means to know he was being roasted in the national media. Williams said he was unaware that former NFL star Rodney Harrison had ripped him Monday on his debut show on the NBC Sports Network.

Really, you didn't hear?

"I don't watch TV, man," Williams said. "Never have, never will. I think I've said that about a million times in my last seven years."

I'm not sure what's harder to believe - that any red-blooded American would claim to have never watched a minute of television, or that an NFL player with a Twitter account and a cell phone, not to mention friends, teammates and relatives, could be ignorant of a public media attack.

"Mario didn't hear it?" Ryan Fitzpatrick said. "Oh, I didn't either, then."
When you hand a player $50 million in guarantees, you expect greatness, not excuses. Maybe it's sour grapes, but Houston fans and players don't seem to miss him. I'm already wondering if what they say is true, that there's a lot less to Mario than meets the eye.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote