View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: JJ Watt: All-Pro DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
And by the way, for all you Mario Williams junkies who swore by that lazy ass all those years, what game in Texans history did Mario ever have that kind of impact?? Watt is the real deal of what Mario Williams was supposed to be. This is the guy that we've been needing all of these years. Mario will sulk in Buffalo. Watt for defensive player of the year!
I love me some Mario Williams, but I digress. Watt is playing like a #1 overall pick at a position that normally does not impact the game to this degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
im by no means a mario junkie but he did have games where he set the tone too... off the top of my head- steelers last yr, colts opening day 2 yrs ago, that broncos tnf etc. i agree they werent nearly frequent enough but he did occasionally have them
Agreed. Watt also has some things going for him, that Mario didn't have for the majority of his career here. Most importantly, a competent secondary & defensive coordinator. Not taking anything from Watt, but we saw what a force Mario could be with those things for 5 games last season.

In Watt's favor, he is more of a football player than Mario is. Just watching them play, it appears Watt has a feel for the game that Mario still lacks. At the snap, he gets into his opponent then about a second and a half to two seconds, he pulls back & locates the QB, reads his eyes & makes a play.

Still, I'm not going to act like Mario stole my girlfriend or boinked my wife. He's gone, no skin off my back. He's going to do his thing & so will the Houston Texans. I'm only worried about the latter.