View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012   #68
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think Kubiak's "conservative"-ness is also still in question. Let's see a relatively "mistake free" performance & see if turtles up. I doubt it as we have seen in the past. We've already mentioned several examples where we've kept scoring despite a healthy lead.

Indy @ Hou 7-34
Hou @ Tenn 41-7
Cle @ Hou 30-12
Hou @ TB 37-9

So you've got to ask yourself why does he throttle some teams & not others. If you think about the Tampa Bay game, he had already lost 2 QBs & still had Tj slinging the ball until he realized those 2 QBs would be out for the game.

Sunday's game shows you how quick a game can get out of hand once a team loses focus & starts making mistakes. Same thing happened to us when we played the Cowboys in 2006.

I know it's very rare that a team will play "mistake-free" so you've got to use that term loosely & take into account the maturity of your team. Mistakes & penalties have a greater effect on young teams than they do on veteran teams, so I expect to see Kubiak loosen up a little, with the maturity of our team, but we'll see.
DUDE Schaub played the entire game in Tampa Bay.........