View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
THis is all subjective, but you have a very odd list of coaches that you feel were "conservative coaches." Some of them on here surely were, but guys like Bill Walsh certainly were not.
I think Kubiak's "conservative"-ness is also still in question. Let's see a relatively "mistake free" performance & see if turtles up. I doubt it as we have seen in the past. We've already mentioned several examples where we've kept scoring despite a healthy lead.

Indy @ Hou 7-34
Hou @ Tenn 41-7
Cle @ Hou 30-12
Hou @ TB 37-9

So you've got to ask yourself why does he throttle some teams & not others. If you think about the Tampa Bay game, he had already lost 2 QBs & still had Tj slinging the ball until he realized those 2 QBs would be out for the game.

Sunday's game shows you how quick a game can get out of hand once a team loses focus & starts making mistakes. Same thing happened to us when we played the Cowboys in 2006.
Quote:
Houston led 6-3 at halftime, then ruined their comeback chances when Carr threw interceptions on consecutive drives and Edell Shepherd fumbled on a kickoff return. Dallas turned all three takeaways into points.

I know it's very rare that a team will play "mistake-free" so you've got to use that term loosely & take into account the maturity of your team. Mistakes & penalties have a greater effect on young teams than they do on veteran teams, so I expect to see Kubiak loosen up a little, with the maturity of our team, but we'll see.