Thread: Connor Barwin?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Connor Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If Mercilus and Brooks are what Phillips thinks they are we would be foolish to pay anywhere near that for Barwin unless he sacks over 18 & probably not then. Let him go if we have to cap him at more than $5m first year. Reed, Mercilus and Devin Taylor would keep cost down & productivity high. Taylor a DE switches to OLB. 6'7" 267lbs
I agree in as much as Barwin's number needs to be in line for what he is, his production, vs his "potential" we don't need to overpay him, just because we know someone will as a FA.

Like I said earlier, he's really a SOLB in a 3-4, playing the pass rusher (3-4) position at WOLB. & that should be taken into account. I may be wrong about who he is & I'm fine with that. If he proves me wrong & put up premier pass rushing numbers..... 15+ then pay him, tag him. But if he can't get 15 sacks in Wade's system, let someone else pay him.

However, I don't want to draft another 1st round pass rusher. We can't keep doing that & continue to build a solid well balanced team.

Ω