Thread: Connor Barwin?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #55
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147080 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's a really interesting point that I didn't think out too well. With Schaub, signed, sealed and delivered this is a distinct possibility. Where did you come up with that????

At the end of the day, Barwin would be a relatively cheap "franchise player" compared to say Dumbta, no? Or Schaub for that matter (if they didn't choose to extend him), no??
You know where I got that idea .... I pulled it outa my ass

Dan posted the list of tag values above for players who fall within the top five average rule. Barwin would fall there as his salary is nowhere near that now.

What made MW untagable was the value on the final year of his deal being so rich .... tagging him would have meant paying 120% of that final years salary.
We had a sticky thread with player salary's but its no longer stickied.
I dont know offhand what Schaubs salary is for this season but I believe he would have fallen into the top 5 rule prior to his extension making his tag number ~$14m.

Dont recall what Dunta's situation was ....

Can one of the mods resticky the salary thread ?! Or maybe someone can post an updated list.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote