Thread: Connor Barwin?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yes , they are interchangable .... but not according to the franchise tag numbers as would have been the case for MW last season.

From what I understand , the franchise tag pays 120% of the previous years salary or the average of the top five players at the players position - Whichever is greater.

That number for MW was in the ~$8m range if I recall correctly(off the top of my head) .... but because of his $18m in previous years salary , the tag would have cost ~$21m which made it impossible to use the tag on him.

$8m for one season spent on Barwin wouldnt upset me terribly if they had to use the tag.

EDIT

Dan Explained it better (MSR) .... Didnt see this as I stopped to respond to your post before reading the rest of the thread.
If Mercilus and Brooks are what Phillips thinks they are we would be foolish to pay anywhere near that for Barwin unless he sacks over 18 & probably not then. Let him go if we have to cap him at more than $5m first year. Reed, Mercilus and Devin Taylor would keep cost down & productivity high. Taylor a DE switches to OLB. 6'7" 267lbs

Taylor all star candidate for South Carolina has played in 39 games over the past three seasons making 32 starts... credited with 116 tackles, 27.0 tackles for loss, 15.5 sacks and 19 quarterback hurries... ranks among the Gamecocks' career top-10 in both sacks (tied for 5th) and tackles for loss (tied for 9th)... earned All-SEC honors in each of the past two http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...00.htmlseasons.