Thread: Connor Barwin?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #52
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4 are interchangeable if they are elite. Question that needs to be asked, is Connor Barwin elite?

Jury is out. This is his chance to prove he is.
Yes , they are interchangable .... but not according to the franchise tag numbers as would have been the case for MW last season.

From what I understand , the franchise tag pays 120% of the previous years salary or the average of the top five players at the players position - Whichever is greater.

That number for MW was in the ~$8m range if I recall correctly(off the top of my head) .... but because of his $18m in previous years salary , the tag would have cost ~$21m which made it impossible to use the tag on him.

$8m for one season spent on Barwin wouldnt upset me terribly if they had to use the tag.

EDIT

Dan Explained it better (MSR) .... Didnt see this as I stopped to respond to your post before reading the rest of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
True, but there's a bit of difference in the Tag numbers.

Here are the 2012 tag amounts:

Quarterback: $14.436 million
Running back: $7.742 million
Wide receiver: $9.515 million
Tight end: $5.446 million
Offensive line: $9.383 million
Defensive end: $10.605 million
Defensive tackle: $7.96 million
Linebacker: $8.856 million
Cornerback: $10.281 million
Safety: $6.212 million
Kicker/Punter: $2.654 million