Thread: Tailgating...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistylynn0211 View Post
Hey guys! I'm going to the game vs the Packers in October. I am a Packers fan. Yes I know. Sorry! I have a few questions for you guys.

I really want to tailgate and was wondering how welcoming the home crowd is to an away team fan? I went the game a few years back when the Packers came to town but was too afraid to tailgate lol.

Also can people just tailgate without going to the game? I only have two tickets to the game for me and my brother but he was wondering if his friends can tailgate with us.

Should I buy a parking ticket and if so which section should I buy?

Thanks guys! I hope I'm not intruding.
Well, I'm part Packer fan this season as half of my fantasy team has Packers on it (Rodgers, Nelson, Finley). So a nice 45-40 Texans win on 10/14 will work just fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
1) Texans fans show southern hospitality and are welcoming to visiting fans. You may experience some mild taunts, but as long as you are respectful and not obnoxious, you should be fine. I think we have a fairly good reputation overall. Cowboys and Titans fans may disagree.

2) Fans tailgating without going to the game need a tailgating pass. The passes are sold to season tickets holders on a first come first served basis. I did hear from some people who stayed in the lot last week that security was charging $20 to people who stayed in the lot and didn't have a tailgating pass. Not sure if that was legit or security was making some side cash.

3) Parking passes are sold out, but you can find them for sale on ebay or stubhub or nflticket exchange. Yellow, blue, orange and platinum lots are known for their awesome tailgates.
Good advice here. We are welcoming to visiting fans, as I would assume is the case for most in most cities. But like everywhere else you have your A-holes. I don't see it as being much of a problem though as I expect at least 35-40% of the fans there will be cheeseheads. That's about how it was last time they were here.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote