View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #214
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
I assume you mean this part of Rey's post:

So Brian freaking Hartline (Rey's words, but I share the sentiment) got a step or two on him, and he was unable to make up enough ground on Brian freaking Hartline to comfortably be able to turn and locate the ball. Is that supposed to make me feel better about Kareem?

So is JJo implying there is no hope for Kareem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayshauntay View Post
I agree with this post.
Badboy was saying that a DB should not blindly turn his head back to look at the ball.

I am not discussing about anything else the last couple of days, except for when a DB should look back for the ball.

BTW, I'm going back to watch some games from last year, and I noticed that on a PI call against Clyde Gates (Dolphins), KJ did look back to locate the ball.
This is another classic 2-man route where Quin was late to get back in the deep middle (the crosser was already taken care of).
This is at the 5:01 mark in the 2nd quarter.

At 13:19, Hartline almost pulled in a toe-tap 25-yd catch on pretty much the same route and defense as the one in the game this year.
Dan Fouts called it "good coverage by KJ... Perfect throw and catch."
Almost an incompletion.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote