View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #55
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

More:
Quote:
Defensive Line

Mario Williams
Time on Field: 90.5% snaps played; 57 at LDE
Stats: 1 tackle (solo)
Plus/Minus: -7 (5 positive plays, 12 negative plays)

Observations: The Bills biggest free agent acquisition was also the player that had the worst grade of any defensive lineman on the team. While Williams had a nice inside rip move before getting double teamed and also a solid speed rush at the end of the first half, by and large Williams just did not get the job done. His normal move was to try and go wide, which took him out of the play in stopping the run. There were also a few times where he was gobbled up on run plays in a one-on-one matchup against a tight end.

Grade: C- (1.67 GPA)
http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14203249

Rodney Harrison says Mario will disappear, fall off the face of the earth:
Quote:
"He's financially set. So to come out as a free agent and decide to spend the prime time -- basically my prime years -- with the Buffalo Bills, you're not going to make the playoffs. You're not going to the Super Bowl."

Harrison, twice an All-Pro safety, spent the first nine years of his career with the San Diego Chargers and then signed with the New England Patriots in 2003 for the chance to win Super Bowls. He has two rings.

"They're not very good," Harrison continued on the Bills. "They don't have a franchise quarterback. The Patriots will always dominate that division. The Jets will always be second.

"So my point here is you go out and get a $100 million deal, well, wouldn't you've taken $80 million and gone somewhere where you could have been competitive each and every week? I just think this is a huge mistake for Mario Williams.

"Mark my words: He will get lost in the shuffle. He'll probably fall off the face of the earth."
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...oney-grab.html

Very interesting revenge matchup this week for Mario: Eric Winston & the Chiefs!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote