View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012   #198
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
KJ wasn't terrible. He was good in coverage, stuck to his receiver. He just needs to learn to locate the ball. He has no sense of where the ball is whatsoever, and that's what's getting him burned.
I'm going to have to agree with 76 on this one. We can't expect the corner to turn his head every time. Some times it's just not practical. Since he first mentioned it, I've been watching & too many times the CB doesn't turn his head & there appears to be commonalities between those instances. Like the TD fade to Andre. Unless that CB has major ups, turning his head would have made it much worse. Instead, he kept his eyes on AJ & made it a difficult catch. (perfect throw by the way).

I've never played DB (too slow) so I've never been coached. But on the Hartline catch we're talking about, Kj was more or less behind the receiver who was being led pretty good. Had he turned to find the ball, I don't think he would have had a shot at it or the tackle.

In that case, I can see a coach telling his player to play the man, watch his eyes, get his hands in the receivers view. Don't touch the receiver, but get his hands between the receivers elbows or something to make it difficult for him to pull the ball in.